You are here: Home Community Political/Community Action Cove and Kilcreggan Trust

Cove and Kilcreggan Trust

The Cove and Kilcreggan Trust was constituted in 1950. At that time, the Trust took over assets belonging to three existing charities: Cove and Kilcreggan Nursing Association, William Curtis Teacher Trust and the Cove and Kilcreggan War Memorial Fund.

In its Constitution the Trust's principal object is to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Cove and Kilcreggan any objects which may be deemed by law to be charitable and in particular the welfare of the indigent aged and furtherance of health and relief of poverty distress and sickness. To those ends the Trust have maintained the War Memorial and have also made regular annual donations to suitable recipients within the Cove and Kilcreggan area.

The Trust is a charity subject to the regulation of the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator.

In 1973, with the assistance of the former Town Council of the Burgh of Cove and Kilcreggan the Trust took over most of the foreshore area within Cove and Kilcreggan. The object of that exercise was to ensure that the management and control of the foreshore was maintained by local people. Over the years the Trust has, so far as within the limits of its resources, endeavoured to maintain the main areas of the foreshore to which the public have access.

There are ten Trustees, four of whom are ex-officio. The remaining, (majority) of Trustees are subject to public election. The elected Trustees serve for a maximum of three years and may offer themselves for re-election. In November of each year public intimation of the annual election of Trustees is posted on public notice boards and in shops and also intimated from the local churches.

 

Contact:

Douglas Dow (Secretary) 
13 West Princes Street, Helensburgh G84 8TF

Contact:

Mr. Harry Cathcart (Chairman) 
Aingarth, Fort Road, Kilcreggan 
01436 842545 
hscathcart@btinternet.com